Saturday, February 5, 2011

La patiperra del Norte

I have entered the world of blogging. Facebook statuses just were not enough to keep my uncontrollable thoughts under control. Let´s see how this goes.

Let´s start with the name of my blog: La patiperra del Norte. Patiperra is a very very Chilean word and I take the help of my friend Wikipedia to find the real meaning of the word.


"Viajero empedernido, muy callejero, que gusta de caminar y viajar continuamente."

Freely translated to English it would be something like: " A hardcore traveller, very vagabond, who likes to continously be on the move".

There was a time in my life when I never stayed in one place for longer than max one year, always projecting my life and location only for the next 12 months. Friends and family used to ask me from where I got my gypsy blood. Well, nowadays the spirit of being a true "patiperra" has converted into something that most of the time happens inside my head.  Only a short trip outside my lovely suburb of Helsinki can bring enormous satisfaction and sense of freedom. My day-to-day life is located within the borders of Haga, including our home, daughters daycare, local supermarket, local library, postoffice and some small and big playgrounds in the hood. I am, as by definition, a staying-at-home-mum and what surprises me the most is that I like it!

Anyway, back on track....Yesterday, I recaptured the old sense of beeing on the move, traveling from one side of the world to the other. And this is where the story of this blog will begin. I will be writing in Swedish, English and Spanish - all depending on what feels best at the moment, and of course - who is the audience.

 So let the blogging begin!

No comments: