Saturday, February 5, 2011

Patiperrando - Chapter 1.

Finally, escaping the Finnish winter! I have been dreaming of this moment for over a year now. Ever since we were snowed-in in the winter 2009-2010, me, one cholic baby and one very explosive two year old child. One year ago I use to count zippers that I had to close in order to make it outside our house. I think I got to some 16 zippers of which at least a third had to be closed by listening to a choir of screaming. I was then dreaming of another kind of winter, a winter which actually is summer, a winter in the South.

We hoped that this winter would have more mercy on us than last year´s experience. But no, already in November I could see myself locked in again. In December the ploughs abandoned our neighbourhood to get the snow cleared in more important areas. Taking a stroll with the stroller became next to impossible. Something positive as well, I was happy to see that we were one year older at the time of getting dressed: less zippers and definatelly less screaming reherrsals. But still moving around in that snow record of the century was just too much. I managed top convince hubby to use his Finnish "fathers-month" - paternity right and so the family bough four tickets to the heat and sun in Santiago de Chile. Since then all of us have been enjoying the snow enormously: skiing, skating, digging caves, sledding - just thinking of the short winter at our disposal this year.

Airport of Helsinki. We got there early....to get the Airfrance mix up with our seats. Well, check-in lady could not solve our problem so at the moment of passing the security check I was faced with a challenge of taking care of two small children all alone in tourist class, while hubby would enjoy the pleasant service of the flight attendants in business class. Charming! But then again, its only some 13 hours of my life. Nothing, really.

No comments: