Sunday, August 21, 2011

Getting rid of stuff

My, oh my! This thing about getting rid of stuff! Yesterday morning, at 6:45 a.m. I left home with an overfilled car filled with what I would consider useless stuff, served their purpose, throw'em out. But I didn't. Instead I gave the useless stuff the opportunity to lengthen their lives just a little bit longer. Me and my stuff went to the flee market. Since I had A LOT of stuff, I had reserved both Saturday AND Sunday for this. So also today I left home early (with another load of stuff).

My observations from two days at the market:
1. There is an obnouxious amount of blue Ikea bag owners in this city.
2. To imagine the shopping frenzy that previously must have taken place to cause such amount of Ikea bags filled with useless stuff makes me dizzy.
3. In the future, I will think twice about buying things that nobody else is interested in having after it has served its purpose in our home... (At the end, I even had the desperate feeling of wanting to donate everything that anyone just touched, just to get rid of it all).

The result? Some nice cash inflow to my monthly spendings account (hoooray, more shopping for useless stuff!!!). Some 5-6 bags less of stuff. One bag of children's clothes to be donated to children in Chile when hubby goes next time. Two bags to be dropped of at the recycling center (or UFF). One big bag in storage for the next flee market venture. Because really, despite the early mornings and the hard work, selling at flea markets is great fun!

No comments: