Friday, July 15, 2011

Birthdayzilla...

I have to confess. I have been to the birthday store (the one with the princess theme, and all other kind of themes as well)...I was there for almost an hour, trying to make wise choices regarding paper for the invitations, decorations etc.... While I was standing there trying to wisely select a pen to write with, and a stamp to stamp with I suddenly realized that I am turning into birthdayzilla! What is this? I want the focus of my daughters birthday party to be on the experience not the material and I realize that this is actually harder than to just organize a typical birthday party (where you buy the stuff premade and voila - your kid has the best birthday party ever). Is it really worth it? I mean, the kids will entertain themselves just as well, with or without the stuff. Its only that I had thought it would be the other way around - by having a homemade party the focus would be on the actual party, not the things. I now realize that the focus is precisely on the things when I try to avoid them. Because I have to do an awfully lot more to still give the girl what she wants, although not prefabricated. Will I give in and go for the disposables? Well, stay tune and you'll find out.

PD: I respect all kind of choices for children's birthday party - both premade and homemade! Just to make my point clear to all my sister's out there, dealing with the same birthday questions as me.

No comments: