Thursday, July 28, 2011

Finally alone

Finally alone. The apartment goes silent, no background buzz, no kids fight, nor laughter for that matter. Only silence and my own thoughts. I can focus, I can think...it's so nice to be ditched at home after a hot and rainy day inside with two kamikazee.

I read all this reports on how we have to learn how deconnect, shut off the radio, shut off the computer and just let the brain relax during the summer... I say; bullshit. Anyone with kids knows that the real brain buzz has nothing with outside world interferance. Its all about the kids - and you cannot really shut them off for a month. So my question: At what age do they start to go to summer camp? Or maybe I just need a break, back to the outside world, sit there in front of a computer; only me, my coffee and my computer (and some 200 unread emails) - seems like a dream vacation to me.

Being connected to the outside world would probably boost my spiritual balance more than this "relaxing holiday" at home. Do not take me wrong, instead let me express it as my wise words of the day: Its been lovely but I have to scream now.

No more rainy days before August 15, please.

3 comments:

Daniela said...

"Disconnecting" myself into the computer myself AS WE SPEAK! Jonas took Olivia for a walk! The dog is at the cabin, I am home alone! Enjoy my friend!

Daniela said...

one "myself" too many, sorry.

Mia said...

Me, myself and I, right! Mine are back already but I put them infront of Pippi on tv...